May 18, 2008

My Sunday Daybook

For today: (sunday, may 18, 2008 9:29 p.m.) I will appreciate the bounty of my life.
Outside my window: it's a clearing sky with light clouds and a few stars. I hear traffic in the distance and the whirl of the fan blowing the cooler air into my apartment.
I am thinking: my life is a blend of cycles, ups and downs, goods and bads, happys and sads. it's a good thing as in judism when you have the bitter at passover. this has been a good weekend in the midst of a chaotic week last week - not in a bad way, just in a busy, busy way.
I am creating: a sense of peace and moving forward. literally, I created a new recipe today that I adore (though it's fattening) and my photography is a waiting, breathing animal that I've put up for a few days.
I am wearing: around the apartment clothes - nothing fancy for sure.
I am reading: nothing - the top 10 list appeared to be mostly trades this week. I am re-reading "prince of tides" by pat conroy for a book club.
I am hoping to watch: nothing right now - I'm still thinking of how they managed "love in the time of cholera".
Around the house: smells of dinner, the tightness of my hands after washing the dishes, and the purse loaded for things I want to take to work tomorrow.
One of my favourite things: sprigs of lavendar.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to see a movie adaption that I can honestly say was not mangled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered lavender growing in my garden. It smells fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.