Here are Five Questions by Under the Sheets and because it's Monday and I don't have my thoughts together, I took her challenge to answer. The Five Questions Are:
1) What gets you out of bed in the morning? These days it's sunlight. I'm one of those it has to be really dark in my room to go to sleep people. But, if it's early my iPod alarm clock or the alarm on my cell (when I'm traveling).
2) What scares you and how often do you think about it? Failure and I think about it everyday...even more so now that I'm looking for a new job.
3) How important is making a home to you? For example do you like a home to meditate in, cook good food or have people over? Very important..I love to cook and garden, I like comfort over style and function over just "pretty". I want people visiting to feel immediately welcome and warm.
4) Where in the world would you like to travel to next? Idealistically I would like to go to Provence and Tuscany but a lack of funds definitely prevents that so my next "planned" trip (besides to the grocery) is to Memphis and along the Natchez Trace. Or a day trip to the beach.
5) (Just for fun...) *What's your favorite Anti Aging Skin Product? Dove soap. I don't really use anti-aging except for a moisterizer by Lancome.
And just because I love Julie so much....more info...(let's get them all in one fell swoop)
What is your current obsession? gardening...definitely gardening.
Good fika place? If you know Julie, you will know that fika is like a coffee break of sorts (or tea if you're british maybe?). Anyway - I will say my afternoon pick me up if I'm going out is Starbucks. Sad, but true.
Do you nap a lot? No...I'm not opposed to naps, it's just that I don't make time for them.
Who was the last person you hugged? my nephews.
If you were a tree, what tree would you be? a cherry tree this week because I think they are gorgeous. ask me next week and I would pick something else - I've always had a fondness for willows for example.
Have you ever had an altercation with the police? I live with a police officer but we get along really well.
What was the last thing you bought? 2 shades of OPI nail polish, a pair of sunglasses and velcro rollers from Ulta.
What are you listening to right now? the dogs snoring and house "sounds" (fridge and washer running).
What is your favourite weather? 70 degrees, sunshine, a light breeze. did i mention sunshine? (Me too Julie!)
What’s on your bedside table? my current read, a lamp, my alarm clock and a cross that a friend gave me.
Say something to the person/s who tagged you. Hi Julie! sending you much love from Bama.
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? somewhere on the beaches of North Carolina.
Favourite vacation spot? the beach, perferably on the southern coast/panhandle of Florida because there are no prettier beaches than there.
Name the things you can’t live without. my camera, my purse, my iPod (just because it's the only music thing I own) and my glasses.
Give one piece of advice advice is something is something you ask for when you know the answer but don't really like it.
What is your favourite tea flavour? orange spice
What would you like to get rid of? the junk that is not mine and other people will not take home.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Savannah for lunch.
What did you want to become as a child? A nurse...I really wanted to be a nurse. And found out I didn't have the stomach for it.
What do you like better, e-mail or telephone calls? telephone calls, except for texts. I really hate texts unless they are an emergency.
What do you do when you get time alone? shoot, read, blog