August 12, 2010

sleepy girl

work has been crazy hectic with the interviews of potential assistants, the awarding of an RFP (request for proposal), an advisory commission meeting...and the fun never stops.  no, really - most days it is really fun as i feel we are doing something exciting - much like when we went mainly from paper checks to atm cards....just with medical records.

the most jaw dropping thing that happened to me today is during an interview i had someone lie directly to my face and when i told her that i worked in that office about 10 years before her and worked on the same project she was calling her "success story" - she still didn't back off the lie.  it was pretty amazing to see in action actually.  needless to say, she is now off the list of potentials.

i'm glad that the last blog touched so many of you.  on the days where i feel the world is kicking my butt, it's good to know you know how i feel.  now, if i could just get some of you to come rub this crick out of my neck, life would be sweet.  

if it doesn't rain here soon, my entire yard is going to burn up.  it's crazy that it is raining all around us, but not here.  i'm ready for a day long, steady rain.  not the gutter washing kind or the intermittent storms...but just the kind that keeps you lazy in bed.  but, the clear weather is good as i'm trying to decide if i want to set the alarm for 4:00ish to go watch the meteor shower.  i have good intentions but....  (hahahaha)  what about you....would you do that?  have you?  i'm enough of a science geek to think about it.

*************************************************************************
today on my ipod -  wonder (natalie merchant), follow you down (the gin blossoms), fallin' in love (hamilton, joe frank & reynolds), come undone (cravin' melon), girl, you'll be a woman soon (covered by urge overkill), try a little tenderness (otis redding), the unforgettable fire (u2), out of my head (fastball), pardon me (incubus)

22 comments:

  1. I'd love a nice lazy-in-bed rain... With the fog and the city lights, I don't think I'll be able to see the meteor shower. I should have planned a little trip to a nice place with dark nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...nothing like a big fat liar in an interview...good times! OK...I would totally set my alarm for a meteor shower. Yes I would!!! I actually did see a meteor shower years ago, and I think I was up at around 2AM. It was amazing and will be worth the sleepiness you feel the next day. Not to mention...all the wishes you can make. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh had that lazy rainy day here a couple of days back, now it's freezing goes with the territory here in the winter. Oh so get up truly, we stood in the icy night a few weeks back to see a near total eclipse fantastic. And lying bare faced how cool you gotta love her spunk though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get some rain soon! The good kind!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo. A nice rain would be just what my yard is "dying" for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we're getting plenty of rain here right now...we went from drought to saturated in less than a week. hope you get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as kids we used to yell "lier, lier, pants on fire"
    That would have worked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe she stuck with the lie after you called her hand on it! Some people!
    It is raining here this morning so I will blow the clouds your way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been doing a rain dance for the last two weeks! Everything looks so crappy!
    I'm shocked people still try to lie in interviews - information is so readily available now...her loss.
    Hope you have a rainy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so dry here my yard is cracking!!
    i'd get up early to watch the meteor shower if i had a good place to watch it. i just don't think it's dark enough here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is kind of fabulous when you catch somebody in a lie in an interview! it makes it quick and easy to eliminate them!

    years ago i worked in HR (the horror) and was interviewing a young asian girl. she admitted that a similar firm had offered her a job, but she had rejected it because there were "too many asians" working there. i could NOT believe it. needless to say, that moron didn't get the job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate job interviews...please if you ever interview me don't ask what my biggest success story is, because it would have nothing at all to do with my job. Please don't ask me to give you any example either...I'm menopausal and I've already forgotten them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No kidding? Liars often begin to believe themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have always had such a great way with words (in addition to the camera!). Your blog is always a delight. I have been so bad with mine - I just feel like I have nothing in my life to write about! You always have something & make it so fun to read! I hope you find someone to work on that crick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW you sound very busy and very important... love it... and interviews are fun... i had one this week that totally would leave you floored... and it was the interviewer who was the problem.
    Get up and look at the shower... i would... well i say i would.. i might... nah i prolly wouldn't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Today I said, "I think we're officially old curmugeons now that we're praying for rain on the day off, just because the lawn needs it." Awesome photo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, I would definitely set my alarm for a meteor shower! Just back from a week at the beach. Hope you have some nice soft rain, and a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how people can lie like that. I mean, everyone lies from time to time. But I'm just such a bad liar.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, did you get up and watch the meteor shower?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I intended to look for the meteor showers last week, and didn't. Then I lost touch with the whole thing. But 4am is my normal awake time, so it's not like it would be hard to get up. :|

    ReplyDelete
  21. We've had the intermittent downpours that only bring more humidity after they're done. I'd like a quiet day, staying in bed and listening to the soft rain outside. Yes. That would be nice...

    Also: you are a sweetheart. I just now read your earlier post.

    Sending you all my love, dear Char.

    xoox,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  22. The lie thing... How do people do it? How do they dare it?

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.