September 17, 2010
it's friday and i love a list
1. lyle lovett - say what you will about his looks, the man can sing. i heart him.
2. patty griffin - i adore her
3. bono - best voice ever...no, but his phrasing and tone tug at my heart.
4. angie aparo - not everyone's cup of tea...but the man can wail.
5. etta james - 'nuff said.
6. edwin mccain - so what that he hasn't wrote a decent song in a while. his voice has power and conviction. (though i was rather swoony about him at one time)
7. rob thomas - not so much his later stuff....but if you listen to matchbox's early stuff - whoa.
8. billy joe armstrong - though i tend to wonder about guys that wear more eyeliner than me...
9. daris rucker - again, not the best voice in the business but, there is something about his voice that i love.
10. shirley manson - yes...i miss her voice around the radio these days