May 15, 2011

all the cool kids....

in my other life....



i would live in a house shaped like a  triangle on the beach...somewhere warm and happy.  where children laugh and adults giggle and the air smells like warm cinnamon cookies baking in the oven.


 

and you would come over for simple lunches.  and we would chat for hours while watching the sea and the waves dancing.  the salt would make our hair wild and wooly and we would laugh belly laughs that made our sides ache.


then after sunset, we would go to the carnival and ride the merry-go-round until we were dizzy.  we would sup on wonderful foods and eat with our fingers - never spilling a drop or worrying about being messy.  carnivals are know for that kind of thing you know.  



after the carnival we take a walk on the beach.  there we could stare at the stars, wish on shooting stars and solve the world's problems.  there would be peace and understanding - and somehow we would figure out how to feed the starving children and make mosquitoes turn into butterflies.  because the world definitely needs more butterflies.


then, when we are tired, we would slip into cotton sheets and sleep sweet dreams of happy places and wonderful things.

the life of simple joys, no worries, and plenty of love is for me - the rest is gravy on my potatoes. 



24 comments:

  1. am packing my bags, char. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think I want to join your Other Self. You make that world sound so delicious. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Teehee*...Sounds good to me!...Especially the gravy on the potatoes and the butterflies part! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and poetic post! But then you're known for those.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm......that's kind of how i feel and live while in seaside. next time will you promise to join me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this...I still need to do this post. Wonderful Char! Hope you are well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. my very favorite post ever.

    ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, this is the best one yet. I want to come where the butterflies are....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thought alone is a little bit of fabulous, is it not?! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well it all sounds great to me!

    and that little triangle house is KILLING ME! adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful. And thank you for the invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gravy on the taters is definitely nice. but being a cool kid, beloved by family and friends, is certainly my choice as well. i wish that for my boys! especially with the smell of cinnamon cookies baking. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I would love to live in the tiny yellow cottage next door and spend my days building sand castles and my night counting stars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm, it's like the perfect bedtime story. I love all of it!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm so there, char...
    lovely, lovely post and stunning photos...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Char beautiful , that is the perfect house. I love the colors. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. With this post,you made my heart float.Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE that triangle house! and I would absolutely love to join you for a simple lunch anywhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the perfect world we would be living in. "the salt would make our hair wild and wooly and we would laugh belly laughs that made our sides ache" my favorite words in this other than making those mosquitoes turn into butterflies! Beautiful words Char that make me smile and think happy thoughts of a sweet life full of relaxing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. and take photos of each other and our adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh how i would be right there with you char ..your choices made me smile..i have missed my visits here in your beautiful space!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahem...this was so beautiful and sweet that it almost made me cry. You've pretty much written half of my dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.