November 25, 2008

friends

today I am so grateful for friends and their comfort. so many have checked on me and lent me support through this time as I adjust to a completely alien situation to me. I know deep in my heart of hearts, it will work out.

yesterday I had lunch with a dear friend and mentor in my life. have you had a mentor before? honestly, this person changed my life in 1992 when she blazed through my door saying, "I hear you're looking for more work to do." Since that time, we have forged a bond as both employer/employee and dearest of friends. as we sat after lunch, she personally e-mailed my resume to over 20 people with a personal note attached. It was touching and powerful to see what she did for me...and has always done for me.

e-mails, phone calls, lunches, websites - keep them coming - I'm positive and ready for the positive.

2 comments:

  1. Mentors.......
    they are a true gift, & it sounds like you have a gem of one!! Stay positive.... I truly believe we get what we have in our minds. If you expect it... it will come to you. So keep good expectations there!!
    Love ya!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. mentor/fairy godmother...thinking of you my dear..xo

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.