November 3, 2008

Seriously, Christmas music already?

Quote: All serious daring starts from within. ~~ Eudora Welty
Gratitude: Understanding bosses - seriously.
Feeling: Better every day. Still coughing but at least it's loosened up.
Weather: Glorious. Fall is the perfect time of year.
Song: You'll Think of Me - Keith Urban
Photograph: Yum

God love my sister - she puts up with so much from me. Of course I went to Montgomery sick this weekend as it was my darling ME's birthday. (See above, yes, adorable I know) I'm glad I went. I have been seriously sick for about three weeks now - never stopping to take the time to take care of myself. You know it's bad when my nephew asks from the other room if I had left because he hasn't heard me cough in a while.

If I get a bit mauldin in the next couple of weeks, most of you will know why. It's the first anniversary of my mother's death and, close family as we are, we all miss her so very much.

In the past I fussed that Thanksgiving gets overlooked in the Christmas rush...but, the day after Halloween they started playing Christmas music on the cable channels. Soon, I will be compiling my christmas list on my July birthday weekend. It's insane. And yes, I know - the sellers are in a panic about what disaster Christmas sales will be - but I don't think the solution is to make me hate the sales even more by starting early.

If I don't get outside soon - besides driving to and from places, I'm going to go crazy.

6 comments:

  1. That's a big piece of cake for such a cute little girl. :)

    Hang in there, it's a rough time of year, but soon it will be over. Anniversaries suck.

    Maybe we'll just begin to skip Thanksgiving, I mean, nobody buys a bunch of shit for that holiday anyway, we don't need it if we can't buy it, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all allowed our time for reflection and contemplation and this is yours. Take as much of it as you need myfriend.

    I haven't heard any Christmas tunes yet, but I have just found a fab Christmas site and ordered a bunch of amazing lights for the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...dont get me started on the commercialization of such holidys. It drives me insane. And while I cannot claim to be over-zealous in my religious celebtration of them, I always consider my family the most important ingrediant.

    But I freakin love Bing Crosby and Burl Ives songs. I cannot tell a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! I agree about the Christmas music. It is way to soon.

    I have trouble with the anniversary of my mom's death too... Thanksgiving Day is always tough for me.

    Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan - Anniversaries like this do suck.

    Foxxx - yay for great lights. and I admit, I feel the urge to buy prezzies.

    Periodically - I adore Burl Ives too! something about his voice is "home"

    Sandi - I'm sorry for your loss too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to come visit more often~ you always make me smile.
    Smile in that yea~I'm not alone kind of smile.
    I can't get through Thanksgiving without facing an anniversary every year. It is harder than swallowing dry turkey.
    We're in it together!!

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.