March 24, 2010

in a muddle


hey...what's up.  it's been  a long time though it's only been days.  my days have been as topsy turvy as the weather and i find myself discombobulated and unfettered. 

sunday was good - i did a lot of things quietly and somewhat efficiently.  part of the day was getting a new bed.  and though it made me feel better in many ways, i've yet to really find the groove of sleeping in it.  isn't that weird?  it feels... good but i don't sleep well in it yet.  i guess it's much like life really - the bed - we adjust to bad things in our lives so much that we never comfortably adjust to when life is good, even and moving along at a smooth pace.  are we such drama junkies that it's boring...or too staid?  i never thought i was that way.  or maybe it's just different. 

monday was a holdover gray, cold day but the sun parted the sky in the afternoon and spring kicked winter bullies to the ground.  the trees have begun to bloom in earnest.  around here shorts and flipflops have broken out and getting off at 5:00 is a bit happier with the sun still shining outside. 

tuesday is typically hell day at the office - and it held it's promise, but with the treat of having dinner with the nephews life was good.  i got bad news about my grandmother last night - she's 97 and it doesn't look good.  she is at peace with that - it's those of us to be left behind that are not.  i am checking flights to see if i can arrange a trip to cape may to see her.  hopefully it will work out ... before ... before.  please send prayers and thoughts of peace and comfort to her and my uncles and my family. 

29 comments:

  1. Sending peaceful prayers your way.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey buddy. you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. prayers, and kind thoughts are on the way. i love the poetry in your post, and the photo...which i was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are completely in my thoughts...
    and prayers....the beautiful gentle ones that comfort without expectations, are all being sent your way....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your grandmother and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you arrive in Cape May ... before. Strong thoughts going out to everyone. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry about your Grandmother...I hope you can get out there to see her. Stop to breathe every once in a while. And smile. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. thinking of your grandma...i sure loved my nanny. hope your week eases up a bit, beautiful forsythia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much peace to you, your grandmother and your family. I hope you are able to get to her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts are with your grandmother. What a wonderful granddaughter she has in you. May she be at peace no matter the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She lives in Cape May? Oh, love Cape May.

    {{{{hugs}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending my thoughts to you and your family, safe journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going through the same with my own grandmother. my father is flying down there today and i may need to go soon. i'm naive in thinking she is always going to be here. i've never thought about her passing. even now i don't want to think about it. my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hang in there char ..in life ...at the office ..sleeping well... and your sweet grandma...i know this is such a hard time ...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to her about your grandmother Char. Sending prayers of peace and comfort to you, her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself. (I'm also sending you a big hug.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. my heart goes out to you and your family, and to your grandma. life is sure a roller coaster. the cycle is just so strange sometimes. so much go go go, and onward and upward, and aging and dying continue while more little ones are being born. so strange.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope everything gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you can get to your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Char sending you lots of
    prayers and hope and more
    prayers your way. I send
    you peace. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prayers and good thoughts are coming to you from me right now and to your grandmother and her family. That photo is just beautiful too, soothing as I hope you find some comfort too. Lots of love to you.

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. prayers, hugs, well wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Many prayers, thoughts go out to you and your grandma Char.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You and your grandmother are both in my thoughts and prayers, char.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. thinking of you and your grandma...the grandmother that sabin is named after lived to be 96 and had a full, amazing life. but i know what you mean about it being hard to be the one left behind. i'm sure your grandmother also had a full, amazing life, but do be sure to get some of her stories down!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry Char...I totally missed this one.
    Of course your Gran is in my thoughts as are you...HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kind thoughts your family's way, dear.

    xoox,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.