January 31, 2009

Pay It Forward (that's right free stuff right here)


Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! *chicken dance* I won a "pay it forward" from Grey Street Girl today. It was a iTunes card - great prize for me, music is the one thing that I love as much as photography (and my family). As a result I'm happily listening to Patty Griffin's awesome cover of "Moon River."

So...this is the deal on "pay it forward". Now I will have a drawing for a prize. Now, I'm not crafty like other people - I can't knit, I can't crochet, or any of that cool stuff. So, I will give the choices of prizes to three winners.

Each winner may have one of the following:
~~~ An 8 x 10 print (or smaller if desired) of your choice of one of my photographs (yeah, I know a lot of you are photographers too...so, ehhh)
~~~ A $10 iTunes card (copy cat, copy cat, makes you wonder where she's at)
~~~ A $10 Starbucks gift card
~~~ A $10 Amazon gift card (you might be able to pay taxes on something you really wanted)

Here's the catch....if you win, you have to agree to pay it forward on your blog. Simple as that. I think most people gave away handmade gifts when this started but it's not limited to that.

To enter, leave me a comment on this blog. Entries will be accepted until Noon on Tuesday, February 3, 2009. After that, a random drawing will be held of all entries. Best of luck. And...here's the legal eagle jargon. One entry per person, you must be 18 to win...and, what else is the usual blah blah blah stuff that we click to say we read? Anyway - dem's da rulez.

Game on!

Back to the usual blogging network now.

23 comments:

  1. I'm in! And I know EXACTLY what I want, if I do end up being a lucky winner!

    pick me pick me pick me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny i was just listening to "Moon River" by The Innocence Mission

    i'm in too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Raises hand, prepared to be counted in*

    Myfriend, this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay I love a game...and I would love a CHAR original...the hardest part would be picking one...me me pick me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast at Tiffanys, Moon River, and Audrey Hepburn. Does it get any better than that? It could.....with a beautiful photo by Char! Which one to choose, which one to choose........

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice in music. And since when is one of your prints worth a couple of cups of Starbucks coffee? Girl, if I win, I am so going for the print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo - I love finding a contest on my first visit to a blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep... game on girlfriend!!!

    I'm crossing my fingers & toesies (Maggie is too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love your pics....so I want to play, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is such a beautifully creative idea, such a small token thing like this can surely brighten somebody's day... and for that reason - count me in. I'd love to be able to pay it forward too!

    Awesome work on "winning" (I guess that's what you call it) what you did - shall look up Patti Griffin's cover of Moon River. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in! With both feet! And I want a print, too. None of this mondo-corpo fascist coffee for real artists who end up happily with the dregs at home and a nudder cupa joe from old grounds, brilliant idears despite it all, and happy vistas of art on pages made from zeroes and ones....

    me, me, me...it's all about me...choose me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, congrats on the win! Would looooove a photo from you, count me in!
    xxoo,
    a.
    http://www.andieedwards.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photos. If I win, the tough part would be picking which one I'd like to hang on my walls. Count me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've been seeing a lot of these blog give-aways lately.. count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh, pick me! i need a chicken dinner...

    right, not one of the options... but i'd never heard that phrase before and i liked it.

    i'm already plotting my crafty prizes for paying it forward should you draw my name.

    ps.. i'm over 18, just in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love original photography! Cool giveaway! Count me in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for inviting me, char! i'm thoroughly enjoying your photos! i'm sure that's what i'll pick when (if?!?) i win! i'm thinking of the scene in Shrek when Donkey is trying to get someone to go with him to rescue Princess Fiona-- bouncing up and down, pick me!, oh, oh, pick me! me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an awesome idea. Glad I found your site tonight! Count me in.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet! Got in under wire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I might be too late. Anyway, I will be returning your site which I have just found - great photos!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.