July 21, 2010

for the love of maggie (photographers look)

one of my longest blogging/photography buddies, joy, has just released a gorgeous set of textures.  the "maggie" textures was developed and released so joy could raise funds to pay her beloved maggie's vet bills after a recent illness - you can read all about joy and maggie on the blog.  you can also check out her flickr to see her work and the work of other's that have used the textures so far. 

the textures are beautiful and i cannot wait to play with them.  i hope you will give them a look see...i know there are texture lovers among you...and animal lovers. 

joy and maggie are very special...as is their relationship. 

*************************
today on my ipod - sleeping to dream (jason mraz) [i first heard this song on joy's blog], morning has broken (cat stevens), feels like home to me (chantal kreviazuk), come away with me (norah jones), free fallin' (tom petty), heard it in a love song (marshall tucker band), the galway girl (sharon shannon), heavenly day (patty griffin)  [she wrote this as a love song to her dog]

16 comments:

  1. always so good to get introduced to new blogs. thanks for this, char.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to Joy and Maggie, pets are so special to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The textures are as beautiful as Maggie herself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...I plan on buying them...simply gorgeous!!! I am glad you are sharing the link. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very sweet of you to sponsor your friend this way, Char, but that's the kind of friend you are. I will definitely check out Joy's site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh - you got me! Can't pass up on another animal lover! Ordered them - awesome set and reasonable price! Thanks for sharing her site and her story. You're a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Char, you are a wonderful gal! Maggie's illness has taught me just how many wonderful, compassionate souls are out there! And you are 1 in a million, Char. I hope we can meet in real life one day!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will check it out... you know how I love my pets.. they are my life.
    p.s. would you mind terribly showing me how to use textures???

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm happy to show you. but you have to have Photoshop....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link Char...I just started playing with textures so I could put this to good use...and they are beautiful...and I love the story of Joy and Maggie...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll check out the new blog and a couple of the songs on your playlist. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Char, thank you for sharing this, I am deep into textures lately ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing Char. I just purchased the texture set for Maggie. How special the two of them are. And what a friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are those iPod lists I love. And textures - oh I am learning to use those. Well, all of PSE. So much to learn. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.