July 16, 2010

it's friday and i love a list (and birthdays too)

psssst...wanna know a secret? well...it's not that big of a secret but i wanted to make sure you knew it too.  today is christina's birthday.  you know christina right, at soul aperture?  the beautiful, wonderous woman that makes you feel instantly at calm and at peace within yourself. yes...her.  so, join me in saying a very big happy birthday to her.

know something else?  she's not the only one having a birthday today....cora is having one too (on the 20th).  you know cora too, right?  she's over at heartfelt and homemade.  cora is the wonderful lady that makes me feel like i'm sitting down with her on the porch steps having a cold glass of sweet tea as we chat over the day's doin's - instant friend.  and both ladies make me want to lick the spoon with their cooking and gaze dreamily into their photography. 

but...i will tell you one more secret that not many of you know....tomorrow is my birthday too (the 17th).  so..let's celebrate with party hats and streamers.  i'll supply the music and you can bring what you like to the bestest of birthday parties.  and the simple things are best...i'll tell you my favorite, simple things about birthdays...

buttercream - scooped up by fingers
party hats
crepe paper streamers
faces full of love around the table
licking ice cream off the spoon
ribbons on presents
blowing out the candles
laughter
waking up knowing it's "your day"
sharing
balloons filled with helium
party dresses on little girls
bubbles
children singing "happy birthday"
crayons

happy, happy, happy birthday christina and cora....i hope you have many, many, many, many more wonderful days that are filled with wonder, wisdom, love and all of the things that make you blissful and happy.  much love.  xoxox

******************************
happy party songs - abc (jackson 5), take it easy (the eagles), silly love songs (wings), build me up buttercup (the foundations), crocodile rock (elton john), falling in love (ub40), only wanna be with you (hootie & the blowfish), brown eyed girl (van morrison), sweet caroline (neil diamond), what i like about you (the romantics), let's go crazy (prince), express yourself (madonna), your momma don't dance (loggins & messina)

the cake i would cook (if i could cook cakes) - apple cake with raisins and a yummy lemon butter cream (for christina) - strawberry cake with a strawberry buttercream (cora) and...of course yellow cake with a vanilla buttercream and plenty of roses for me to freeze and eat later (for me of course!)

31 comments:

  1. Oh so Happy!!! Let's Party girls!!!
    Bring on the happy music, the party hats, streamers, and tootie horns!!! Lavish me with that stramberry cake...YummY YuM!!!!! Candles....my cake will require more than yours and Christina's! Ha! But I will be proud to be 51 on Tuesday...oh yes I will.
    Happy Birthday to us!!!!
    (Psst...Christina and I really share the 20th... Don't tell anyone, but she likes to celebrate for days!) <:o)
    Thanks Char!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! hope you'll have a lovely day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! And such lovely ladies that are celebrating!!! YAY for birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Happy Birthday to all. I'll bring the Box o' Joe, coffee-to-go from Dunkin' Donuts. Your party will run on Dunkin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! it's a bigger party than i thought! makes me wish we were all in a big beach house hangin' out!! have an amazing birthday char!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to all! You do more than take excellent photos. You manage to put them into words.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling at your list of party songs -- so many I remember from days past... Hope you have a wonderful birthday, filled with laughter and joy... and buttercream frosting! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Char, I hope you have a wonderful day, I am on my way to the party. I look dreamily into your photography. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh happy happy birthday Char! Hoping you have a wonderful celebration and treat yourself to the yummiest cake ever {use those mixing bowls if you're making it yourself} :)

    Lots of love & birthday wishes to you!!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. say huh, your birthday too! i have never been in such great company!! ring the bells! i say next time, i just come down there and we all have dinner... lunch... ice cream. lol the birthday club!! xo
    this is a wonderful day.
    thank you, my friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday 2 U¸.•*¨`*.¸.•♪ Happy Birthday 2 U¸.•*¨`*.¸.•♪ Happy Birthday Dear Char..ar ♫♥ Happy Birthday 2 U¸.•*¨`*.¸.•♪ The only song u forgot was Footloose (Kenny Loggins)and ever there was a group ready to cut loose its this one ;) Love your 'birthday list'!
    ...and here, have a can of PIK-NIK sticks just 2 celebrate ur day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Char, isn't that just beautiful, happy birthday to you too!!! It seems like July is full of beautiful ladies :-) The best wishes for each and every day, peace and love. Birdie

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday to you all!!!

    i hope you have a fab weekend and that you are treated like a QUEEN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your list! I love the faces full of love around the table, some of my best childhood memories were made sitting around the table.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww man ! i totally had you on my radar for tomorrow and was going to surprise YOU with me remembering from last year when your birthday is and now the secret is out....

    sooooooo in my best jack johnson voice or joshua radin....love them both....happy birthday to you.....happy birthday to you.....happy birthday dear "my go to girl, amazing woman, beautiful" char.....happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu.

    okay, so it's a day early.....but i'll keep singing for 24 more hours :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are the gal to pick the tunes! I'll whip up that vanilla buttercream and head right over. It will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great list.
    happy birthday to you too...writing all over your walls in crayons.
    i promise it's washable ;)

    one love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. aawwww you all - so very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Char...As you may see, summer birthdays are at the top of my simple pleasures list...and I now include you with those I wish a most wonderful year to come...Happy Birthday Char...have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, Char!!

    It is so fitting that you and two other of my favorite bloggers would have their birthdays so close together. Fabulous people. So glad you all blog, so I have the chance to get to know you!

    xoxo Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Partaaay! Happy happy birthday to you Char.

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy birthday!!!! hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. buon compleanno char! hope you have a lovely day. xx s

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy, Happy, HAPPY Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A day late, but hope it was very happy and loads of fun...Happy Birthday, Char!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday - a little late I am. Hope your entire day is wonderful. Your list is wonderful and I would have a piece of each of those cakes... please,... thank you! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you had a wonderful birthday Char! Sorry I missed the party. I love your list of birthday favorites. I love the squeals of delight when the birthday person opens their gift and finds the perfect surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy happy birthday myfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was a little late to the party, but like birthday girl Cora said, you can celebrate for days! Happy Birthday, dear Char! Happy Birthday to you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your list! OK, I love all three of your lists. You make me happy, Char. I'm glad I know you.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.