January 17, 2011

head full of doubt, road full of promise.

i've been mulling this post over in my head since thursday night and it basically comes down to this, be careful what you put out into the universe because someone may decide that you need quite the lesson about acceptance of your situation just as it it.  thursday morning i wrote that my life was mostly drama free - thursday afternoon, approximately two to three hours after, i was hit in the face with full fledged, full throttle, heart stopping drama ... that may have repercussions for a long time.  suffice to say it is much too personal for this blog because it is not my story to tell. thank you for understanding that i just needed to share the lesson learned. 

this is my young friend christy - my willing model.  on sunday, while we were out taking pretty pictures that mommas love, i spied this beam - she happily jumped up and walked in the late afternoon golden sun.  gotta love a girl like that willing to jump into the situation.  now she is interested in photography too.  i gotta love that.

now to get back to some old habits that i used to have:

i love this video posted by my friend megan.
i want this ring that i saw in "southern lady" magazine (in "c" of course)
i'm addicted to her photography
i used to say, "i could bathe in this shampoo"...now i do thanks to a sweet christmas gift
someone clued me onto the avett brothers....thank you and thank you. 

"There’s a darkness upon me that’s flooded in light
In the fine print they tell me what’s wrong and what’s right
There’s a darkness upon me that’s flooded in light
And I’m frightened by those that don’t see it"

today on my ipod:
head full of doubt, road full of promise (the avett brothers), rain (patty griffin), if i die young (band called perry), memphis city rain (angie aparo), come away with me (norah jones), here comes the sun (the beatles), smoke gets in your eyes (the platters), that's the way they always said it would be (carly simon)

29 comments:

  1. I adore the photo...how cool is that!
    LOVE your links...
    And thanks for the music notes...sometimes new is GREAT.
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny but I always get the same feeling -- waiting for the karmic backlash... I hope everything works out OK.

    thanks for the links -- lots to love there! and your senior photo is wonderful. how nice to have a willing model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with Christy.....
    We all have lessons to learn, some are just harder than others...Hang on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the drama dies down...so sorry. But I will say, the universe is always teaching lessons...and some of them a hard and long. *sigh* Oh and that ring...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot. I'm loving those tress.
    and that video! ha!! thanks for the ink, really enjoyed it.
    sending thoughts and prayers your way for your current circumstance.
    Just remember, "you are great!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that always the way, the cosmic draw of certain ideas, words. Hope it all works out in the long run ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear things have taken a turn...Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sweetie....i don't know what's going on...but please know that i am here for you.....you have my email if you need to vent or share or anything....big hugs, girl....big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't hurt too much. Enjoyed all the little links of love, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything works out in the long run for you. Love the photo and the links and have been a fan of avett brothers for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! It never fails that when we throw those challenges out to the universe they get answered! Hopefully it will pass soon with little to no lasting ill done.
    Love the links ... Especially the photography ....good grief but that's gorgeous work!
    And you quoted one of my most favorite lines from one of my favorite songs...nice choice.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I love this photo...it reminds me of an illustration for "Into the Woods"...very fairy taleish....

    I do hope that the drama is dying down...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that photo Char, it's just wonderful. Now I have to go and listen to some Avett Brothers!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mom used to say that "you're inviting trouble" into your house when you say things like that. A strange thing to say for someone who was almost always positive, but she had lots of superstitions. I hope the drama goes away as quickly as it developed. Somehow that hardly ever happens though, does it?

    The photo is really captivating. Makes me want to jump up there with her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're facing difficult times ... and yet you still send us fabulous links ... thank you so!

    And know you will be close in my thoughts and prayers ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh dear. i prefer drama in books and movies and television, not in my real life! i hope things will be ok. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. im here for you, my friend. i think you know that though. ; )

    loving on these links.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photo. Hope things are getting less dramatic by the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope things turn our alright. Wonderful photo and I love the light.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sorry about life's drama ..know you are in my thoughts..great links with a fun photo shot my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. firstly a gorgeous shot gotta love girls who like to be photographed.
    yes sometimes we say things and thank pow out of the blue we pay for it. I really hope you are okay and that things get better quickly. hugs and best wishes to you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope the situation takes you by surprise of turns around for the good! BTW...I love the Avette Brothers...I was planning on ringing in the new year at their concert but that fell through. You should check out their video for I and love and you. Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Life is funny (not in a haha) way. I hope whatever happened can be worked through for the person it happened to.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why does that happen? Just when you think everything is going so well? This sort of thing happened to me last Monday, but not as serious, I don't think...but deeply saddening all the same. Wishing you well.
    Big hugs for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the photo, absolutely art without lifting a paintbrush. I love new music. I'm off to iTunes now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. sorry about the drama. I hope everything is ok.
    love your photoshoot with Christy. she's such a pretty model and you did a great job. Her mother must be ecstatic with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so enjoying all your linky love. Sorry to hear about the drama, though. Very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, it's amazing how that works sometimes. I hope it turns out all right.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.