January 27, 2011

i'm not crazy - i just work here

though i know it was not the kind of justice that dr. king spoke of, i had the opportunity to see some small type of karma repaid yesterday....and i have to admit it felt the slightest bit good.  (so good that i'm fighting not to gloat so please forgive me here) it was just the proof of the adage "be careful how you treat the people you meet going up the ladder, they are the same people you will meet going down the ladder."

please tell me that tomorrow is indeed friday.  i'm not sure if i could hold on to this week much longer.  and on another tangent - i'm also officially tired of the hoopla over auburn's championship.  it never when this long for alabama last year (who did the exact same thing - heisman + championship).  they act like it's never been done before.  oh wait....it has...by alabama.  thank you - it's good to get that off my chest. 

i guess when i get down to it - my main issue with the week is that it's been so crazy and off-kilter that i worry it is really me that is crazy and off-kilter.  know that feeling?  it's sort of that feeling that if you can't find the drunk at the party - it's probably you.  right? 

i've asked my contractor that question and she assures me that i'm not crazy...now if we can figure out why my instructions are not being followed by the other staff.  *smile*

17 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean! i've had a roller coaster time myself in the past few weeks. and when i start to lose my mind just a little, i wonder if it's because of all this STUFF that's happening, or if it's just me, who i really am inside. and that just makes it worse. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo for the karma. Love stories like this. I won't be working the rest of the week. They've already called school off for tomorrow and we're still snowed in here with this long driveway on a hill. Nice until I realized there was no wine in the house.
    Ha ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a fresh 12 inches of snowfall last night, and 2-foot long icicles hanging from my roof, I'll be glad to get a week closer to Spring :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing karma in action!! Hope tomorrow is quick and everybody puts on their "listening ears".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there. Tomorrow IS Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it IS friday tomorrow .. you are not dreaming!! love love love that photo .. karma and all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for karma!

    I'm just hoping that we can make it through the week without anymore friggin' snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karma is a wonderful thing, Friday should bring better things for you. and no your not crazy,.lol.
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we were at the same party we may have called each other the drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's after midnight here so it's officially Friday:) Love htat karma:) Enjoy a wonderful weekend Char...we'll be shoveling more snow I think....

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm. Have I mentioned that we are huge auburn fans ;) Hope you have a great weekend and a time of refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I do love karma ...

    Happy FRIDAY my friend; may your weekend not be the least bit crazy ... and pave the way for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo happy it's FRIDAY! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a long week. blergh! thank god it is friday and we have nearly made it to the weekend! enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's FRIDAY today!
    Pleased things are happening for you!
    :-)
    To a great weekend.
    hugs
    CHAR.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Char...
    It is truely the weekend and I hope you have a perfect one. More snow coming this way. Agh!!!!leslie

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.