December 27, 2010
here comes the.....bride?
i was at lunch with some faceless friends, one of which turned out to be intuitiative. as we were chatting amongst the group i described a vision of a single woman laying on a chaise and asked what it meant. the friend (female) said to me 'stay calm, it will all work out.' then we chatted and laughed some more while sharing the meal when the friend again turned to me and asked, 'do you want to know the date of your wedding?' i nodded, clearly skeptical. she said, 'june 16, 2011 - that is the date.' i laughed outloud and shook my head. 'no way - no way - there is not even a prospect out there. i'm not dating, nothing.' the friend smiled and nodded her head. then she said, 'i'm just sayin' that is the date. do with it what you will.'
i awoke laughing but clearly remembering the entire dream. the first part was easy - that was a message to myself that in the midst of chaos - things will work out. i remind myself that only 15% of everything is in my control and that i need to deal with that. the other 85% i need to make sure that i deal with what impacts me and then let the other go. but the wedding thing threw me for a loop. i couldn't figure it out. so, i consulted the trusty internet dream dictionary....this is what it says (as close as to the situation i'm describing): To dream that you are planning a wedding to someone you never met, is a metaphor symbolizing the union of your masculine and feminine side. It represents a transitional phase where you are seeking some sort of balance between your aggressive side and emotional side. The dream may also indicate that two previously conflicting aspects are merging together as one.
it makes sense as i am in a transitional place, trying to marrying together the new and old pieces of my job given the changes that have take place in the last few weeks. it also works out that one side is very aggressive and uncertain, while the other side there is calm of knowing what is happening. but i wonder about the date - the very specific date. is it that i think it will take a while for it to work out? i cannot think of another reason that the date would be significant.