March 9, 2010

inspirations (blog it forward)

if you all have met the lovely victoria over at sfgirlbybay, then you had a window into beautiful inspiring photography from a wide group of talented people, including victoria.  a month or so ago, she came up with an idea to 'blog it forward' where groups of  bloggers told what inspires them and let them by turn introduce their readers to at least two other bloggers, the one before and after them in the 'chain'.  what a fun idea!

so...my inspirations:

dreamy photography ... i could be cliche and list the historical greats: lange, arbus, adams, and so on but i wanted to make this about people living the dream right now.  these three ladies inspire me in ways that i still yearn about.  all have different and unique styles that pull me in.  they use different cameras, different techniques, and have different philosophies but the unifying factor is that they are women who live their art.  if you don't know them.  check them out.

Michelle Black
Nichole Van
Susannah Conway

other inspirations....the shell pink morning - just before the sun comes up over the horizon.  the scent of a child's head when they come to snuggle just under your chin.  the delicate green of a fern frond just as it's about to unfurl.  the blue of a bluebird feather.  lacy bare branches against a cobalt blue, cloudless sky.  the dove gray clouds of a misty morning.  the brilliant, bold and tropical colors of an evening sky and the purple just after the sun sinks below the horizon.  a shooting star.  a dandelion before the wish.  hunting for four-leaf clovers in a verdant field that is cool beneath my barefeet.  the hum of bumblebees drifting lazily from honeysuckle flower to honeysuckle flower.  a child's laughter and a mother's hug.  the dappling light as it drifts through a shady tree.

colors - light - feelings.  i want to splash them across the canvas as i run, skip and languish in the paint - soaking deep into the pores of my skin.  people that live the dream and dreamers that still yearn.  keep on inspiring me and thank you.

people that surround me on the blog it forward list.  new friends like rose at r's adventure and friends i've had for a while like erin at reading my tea leaves.

there is a world of inspirations out there - i can't wait to see more.

28 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your beautiful photography and poetic words a while back! It has been a joy to visit your blog this past year, and I look forward to viewing your new dreamy work as well :)

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool concept, that victoria is a smart one.

    i'm off to check your links.

    and perhaps think about my inspirations (for a change. not!). heehee. but it's something different to credit them and not just stalk them, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspirations....could you bottle those up and send them my way?

    and that nicole...I had found her awhile back and then lost her in my pile of a million bloggers I adore but can't keep track of mess on my computer...wow, she's amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, to share the inspiration! Thanks, I'm off to visit your links ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and you, your photos, and your writing are some of my inspiration:)

    I've been following some of sfgirlbybay's "blog it foward" and have found some wonderful sites...but there are so many! and so little time in this gorgeous spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know them, so I will visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the inspirations of a true artist. I love the passion of your words and the way I can "see" what you are describing. Truly poetic and meaningful. Thank you for sharing...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. here here! excellent post, and yes, Char, YOU inspire me w/ your great photos and lovely words. keep up the great work! -Jg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are a lovely inspiration as well. i must go check out some of your links.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. inspiring right here as always . off to look at the links

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely essay. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your inspirations...that lazy bumblebee hum has me in a reverie on this very chilly day!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Erin and I love all your sources of inspiration. Just beautiful. And for some reason, I love the word unfurl... it just conjures up images of wonderfully lazy afternoons and awaiting possibilities.

    xo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely inspiration, and you know i'm a sucker for great photography, so i'm right there with you! thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post... off to check out your links :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok going to visit your friends now bu Char your words and photos are fantastic. Nice to have met in this incredible blogland

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fun to see all the things that people enjoy. Wonderful list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous photographers...love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an excellent idea. i love exploring new links - especially recommendations by inspiring bloggers like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. those ladies are a great source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Char...just stopping by to thank you for the kind words...

    it really does me alot to me

    you're a dear

    sending love,
    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are so right! inspiration IS everywhere!

    i think the poppy fields are in bloom, or they will be soon. can't WAIT to go see them. whee!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your list of both inspiring
    photographers and beautiful imagery!

    YOU are an inspiration. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll tell you an inspiration of mine. Your words when you are writing about color. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I just got lost in a daydream...as I visited these creative photographers and as I read your colourful phrases....so so beautiful.
    I am so glad I came to visit you this morning. I am full of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.