August 29, 2009

your chance!

september 1st is the deadline for people that want to join our shot a week group. the group name is: lens.us.together so be on the lookout for more information as we finalize some details. i'm also creating a private flickr group so we can share for any flickr users out there.

the last time i checked, it looked like about 30 people joined so far which makes about two weeks each to come up with themes or challenges. i'm excited about it.

currently, we plan on making everyone in the group contributors to the blogs so you can add photos weekly, as well as link back to your blog and share your thoughts about your photographs. i'm going work on the list to see if i have the name, blog and e-mail addies of everyone interested and will update the blog as i get that together.

get the cameras ready folks - it's going to be a blast!

and remember - it's not about being anything snazzy or professional. it's a chance to have fun, learn and share. :) i think we will all laugh, have fun and enjoy this. as dorothea lange said (and i paraphrase) - the camera doesn't matter, it's the artist.

remember, it's not wolfgang puck's pots that make him a great chef, it's the chef that creates the recipe.

19 comments:

  1. sounds like fun!!

    I included you in my
    Inspiration post today ~~
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza! i'm so freakin' excited about this! i'd be up for starting our own group blog...i think that would give everyone a central location. and i'd be up for helping setting it up. or anything else. i NEED projects! and a good group of creative people to share them with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a better camera so I could join, but....So I will be checking. Good luck with it Char, I can't wait to see the shots. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy dancing happy dancing happy dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it too late for me to join? Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited...it is good for me to have some inspiration and goals to get out there shooting...even if all I have is a point and shoot...I have to admit though that I still don't understand how this is going to work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I told you i want "in" on this...I am definitely excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. if you all haven't gotten an e-mail from us and you wanted it, please make sure to e-mail me your e-mail address. initial e-mails went out last night with beginning details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to partipate, so please send the details my way. I like the weekly idea...gives everyone time and is lower stress than the 365-day projects. Couldn't do that with a wish and a prayer right now.

    Sounds great, and kudos for the "inventors".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Char, count me in if you're not already full!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my email: brownbutterfly@live.co.uk.

    this is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not too late at all - make sure I have your e-mail addys please if they're not linked on your blogger profile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i need to start taking pictures again, and build up a bit before i take on a challenge like this. bah. i need to get it in gear and join the fun!

    hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay Char you talked me into it, my email is cinwain@shaw.ca I got your comment about it being more about friendship. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh Oh....am I too late? I'd love to join in if you have room :) Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to join in the fun if it's not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh how I would have LOVED to contribute to this!

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.