September 18, 2009

dancing in the rain

i liked this quote when i read it the other day and it seems fitting giving that we are being soaked by rain showers this week...and perhaps into next week.

this is one of those blogs where i've typed and erased a few times now. my brain is ricocheting around like a free play on the pinball machine. see, i just erased the rest of this blog for the fourth time. somehow i keep ending up at the same location and each time i read it, it was like....'oh, okay. so what?'

*blink, blink*

i type this mainly now because i can't decide what to do this afternoon. i have unexpected freedom and i really don't want to go to the bedroom and rearrange like i need to. i also have a ton of rearranging to do in my studio room as it is still suffering from being scattered in the move. *sigh* and, i would love to go shooting but i'm scared the weather will deteriorate at any given moment. though it was very interesting wednesday as left for the carpool line, i saw two different photographers at too different places shooting with big dslr cameras in the rain. one struggled with an umbrella that was too small and i wanted to stop and help. the other didn't appear to notice. weird.

okay - this is getting nothing done. off to go explore. i can't face the bedroom in the rain.

22 comments:

  1. Hey Char, strawberry picking is always great in the rain!
    Do you guys have any still down there?
    We went rasberry picking this morning and I thought the wind was going to pick us off our feat it was so strong...less bees though...
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Char.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exploring always wins over housework or "duty" with me, too! Hope it brought some great new shots for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a beautiful weekend Char!!

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes doing nothing even though we have so much to do, can be very healing....

    I do it all the time and look at me.....hee hee

    seriously....put in a movie and throw your feet up on the coffee table and snuggle into yourself....

    I do that all the time, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I loved that quote and the photo together- really great!! I agree, sometimes you have to prioritize yourself instead of the bedroom or studio...they aren't going anywhere!! Listen to your inner you...relax and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quote! Go dance and shoot in the rain..create some magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i have a LOT of days like this too. sometimes i feel like my mind is spinning like a top, and getting nothing done! oy.

    hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wish you were just down the road...i would hold the umbrella friend...LOVE the image here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked that you told us about the writing process of this post. I love the photo you have here, with its Michelle Black texture. If that's what it is. Maybe it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always liked this quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we get so little free time to ourselves that when we do we don't know what to do with it. I feel the same way at times and feel I don't want to waste it on work that needs to be done around the house.

    Just enjoy your quite time what ever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a great day and I could of loved to dance in the rain today. It was hot, swollen legs. I woulda went with you. love the saying and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your pictures are as GORGEOUS AS GORGEOUS CAN BE!

    Gosh...what i've been missing..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I saw that quote too and thought how apt it is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these lines. . .
    this is one of those blogs where i've typed and erased a few times now. my brain is ricocheting around like a free on the pinball machine." . . . I can TOTALLY relate!
    It's been raining in Biblical proportions down here too. Surprisingly, I'm loving every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos are breath-taking Char.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your photo and quote...I could have used that quote when we were experiencing months of rain last spring!...I think I will save it for rainy seasons to come:)...

    ...today I have a similar feeling as you Char only it is such a gorgeous day out, and there is so much I can and should do, that I don't know where to start or what I really feel like doing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love, love that quote. I wish I'd written it. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i so wish we lived closer. : )
    this photo is love~

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love dancing in the rain, i haven't done it in forever and next time, that's what i shall do!

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.