September 2, 2010

it's friday and i love a list

ok - so by now i thought i would have a plan for our book together.  i was inspired by a design i saw and this is what i think - i want to find a recipe card like jpg that everyone can edit with either their favorite recipe, tip, quote or whatever and then everyone can build their page around that card.  what do you all think?  then what we can do then is i will receive all the jpgs and then group them into some type of order and make an index/table of contents and then "covers".  we could then publish it as a series jpgs or pdfs (i don't know which will work best for everyone yet).

i think it will be artistic, fun and a wonderful experience for all comers.  we could work together with a thought to having it done around the holiday season in december.  a gift for us?  *smile*

***************************************************************************
now....for a list:  happy thoughts
  • as i approach labor day, i am grateful for a job and a job that challenges me and makes me proud of the work that we're doing.  being without a job the previous year reminds me that it all can slip away very quickly, so i'm deeply grateful.
  • tomorrow i will see the boys to school for my sister while she handles a work issue - though they will be a bit grumpy, i will be happy to see them.
  • i miss my girls...but they've been at disney world and i can't wait to hear how much fun they had while seeing cinderella.
  • grilled cheese for lunch
  • listening to my ipod while working
  • a long weekend by the pool
  • shopping with girlfriends
  • pretty nails
  • new recipes to try
  • ruby red grapefruit juice
  • jeans on a friday
  • rice crispy treats
******************************************************************************
today on my ipod - all i want is you (u2), which way does that old pony run? (lyle lovett), crazy love (van morrison), champagne high (sister hazel), walking in memphis (marc cohn), if you could only see (tonic), lovers cross (jim croce), come monday (jimmy buffet), say you love me (fleetwood mac), you found me (the fray), day is done (nick drake), your song (elton john)

22 comments:

  1. What time Zone are you in? Ahhh, you're smart...getting ahead...*smile*.
    Loving the idea of recipe cards...sounds like a great idea...
    Your list was wonderful to read.
    Thanks.
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the recipe book idea. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

    I always like reading your ipod list. Sometimes I log onto itunes and listen to your picks. I am bad with song titles and unless I hear it I usually don't know if I like something or not. My kids gave me an ipod for my birthday this summer. I'm still collecting music for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good Labor Day reminder: I have a wonderful job. Thank you.

    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELK - so glad you love the list. my taste is so all over the place so you may not like them all, but hopefully you will find some things that you really love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good thing you added tips/quotes since ummm, recipes, me?.....not so much :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would love to do a recipe! cooking is almost my only creative outlet that i have confidence in. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea Char and your header is great. have a great time around the pool. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) thanks for the banner compliments you all. i think it's my favorite that i've done so far. it's proof that practice makes most things a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think this is a brilliant idea!!!

    hope you have a fabulous weekend!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic list. day is done = love.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always linger over your lists...
    Love the idea of the book.
    and your ipod list makes me lust for one.
    Glad to see you are a fan of the gentle John Denver.
    later,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your banner...love your book idea...love your list of happys...love your music...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the book sounds fab and the ipod list always intrigues me. enjoy your long weekd over there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your playlist today, and that banner -- gorgeous! have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your idea is wonderful and I'm already coming up with ideas as to what to do. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go for it!
    Just start at the very beginning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love reading your iPod list.

    I was thinking of you the other day when I noticed my nails. I thought "Gah! Charlane would be appalled!" I must address this situation.

    The book idea rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...pretty nails. Oh, I wish I had pretty nails.


    Actually, today is the day for a pedicure. At least I'll have pretty toenails.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you had a fabulous long weekend lingering by the pool. Perfect way to close summer and look ahead to fall (my favourite month!!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I want rice krisspie treats.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.