June 11, 2010

it's friday and i love a list

image by me...
idea by pink of perfection

101 simple things that make me happy
1. fresh flowers     2. clean cotton sheets     3. babies just after a bath     4. photography     5. fluffy cotton candy colored clouds at dusk      6. cheerful window boxes     7. wrought iron fences     8.  kitten and puppy faces     9.  a good read     10. a hot shower     11.  fresh whipped cream     12.  a glass of a crisp pinot grigo    13.  flying a kite     14.  listening to an old song from high school     15.  using the china my grandmother gave me     16.  friends of all kinds    17.  lightening bugs     18.  a basket of fresh laundry straight from the dryer (or line)     19.  playing hookey    20.  singing with the car windows down  21.  the smell of dirt just after the rain  22.  u2     23.  a new haircut    24.  sparrows    25.  laughing a good belly laugh    26.  a long bubble bath    27.  a telephone call from a friend    28.  dandelions     29.  a afternoon nap.     30.  a new journal.    31.  crayons     32.  paper straws     33.  box fans in windows on a warm spring day     34.  glee    35.  a favorite mug     36.  dancing with my nieces    37.  hugs from my nephews     38.  jergen's lotion    39.  smiling at a stranger     40.  talking late into the night     41.  the sound of ocean waves  42.  fields of wildflowers    43.  sunshine     44.  spotting the first robin of spring    45.  worn jeans    46.  swinging in a tireswing     47. homemade jam     48.  my friend lisa's cornbread      49.  fresh veggies from the farmer's market    50. drive-in theaters     51.  eating steamed dumplings with chopsticks    52.  a hand to hold    53.  red umbrellas    54.  ladybugs     55.  helping someone else    56.  e.e. cummings     57.  compliments     58.  soft morning rain  59.  bonfires     60.  s'mores    61.  fountain coke    62.  listening to my nieces sing in the car    63.  love letters     64.  keeping a journal of my favorite quotes    65.  a perfect chicken salad    66.  old quilts     67.  the first crisp day of fall    68.  brown craft paper and butcher's twine     69.  kindness from strangers      70.  looking through old family photos     71.  stolen kisses      72.  robots     73.  hummingbirds    74.  basil     75.  dollars in your pocket that you forgot you had  76.  the smell of coppertone    77.  going to the movies     78.  shopping in the thrift store    79.  old bottles and mason jars    80.  fresh bakery bread    81.  blogs     82.  fond memories    83.  saying 'i love you'     84.  dove soap    85.  soft brie with pears or gingersnaps    86.  rainbows     87.  the crunch of fall leaves under your feet    88.  finding easter eggs    89.  thunder in the distance     90.  the tiny sliver of the new moon      91.  a pet sleeping in the sunbeam    92.  red swedish fish      93.  swapping stories over a hand of cards at the kitchen table      94.  juicy fresh pineapple    95.  toe rings     96.  jumping off the diving board    97.  long walks in the woods    98.  carousel horses    99.  bad puns     100.  red bell pepper    101.  homecooked meals with loved ones and friends

what are some of yours?

25 comments:

  1. what a GREAT list....I think I'm going to do mine this evening...how long did it take you?
    LOVE.LOVE your new banner!
    HUGS
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. it didn't take long...about an hour maybe? one the dam burst, it poured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a perfect chicken salad !
    wow you hit that one on the head....we drive 30 minutes to spring green for the most perfect of chicken salad sandwiches...EVER !

    and we do it almost every weekend....sick, right ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list . . . I'll start with just one.
    1- seeing what makes people happy and that they desire to share with others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That my friend is about the loveliest list I've seen! intrigued by brie and pears, is it a recipe or just something you throw together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, love me a new hair cut! If only it lasted longer than four weeks. I do love cool days, being the menopausal old bitch I am. I love flowers and birds. Hate rats. HATE RATS! Love Kashi cereal with strawberries and blueberries on top. And then my morning cup of coffee. My very favorite part of each day.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, the banner is very fetching!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. 101...I think you covered them all!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) not sick at all. i drive 90 miles for pf changs about once every 6 weeks or go to bham just so i can get my favorite chicken salad (at the place in homewood), wild yeast sourdough bread (continental bakery) and baby cakes (pastry arts)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your list!
    i wrote a list of 100 things a while back ... http://radiantreflections.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/i-love/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. your layout is perfect char...i am thrilled at how it looks...chocolate everything . #10 ...#2...
    golden retrievers ... #25 ... #100 ..singing...
    gold rings... a nice dress...the curve of a paper bird ...

    have a very wonderful weekend char!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what a fun list! lightning bugs... singing out loud... summer evenings... fresh cherries... thrift store shopping... Gerard Manley Hopkins... honeysuckle... warm scones... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the photo- dandelion is captured by yourself ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. great list, I can't believe it only took you a hour to write because it is so clever and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I really, really hope to see some lightening bugs someday. They aren't something we have around here, but it seems like such a magical thing to see. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll just copy your list...it's such a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my I will have to start a list...but many of them will be the same as yours...a peek at your list gives me a peek into your beautiful soul:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful list. I'm right there with you on the chicken salad, Glee, sounds of the ocean, fields of wildflowers, going to the movies and keeping a journal of my favorite quotes. I would have to add the satisfaction of reading a really, really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved reading your list and could not resist doing one for today on my blog.
    Check it out at http://www.msdewberrys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful list, Char! It's a great way to celebrate the things that bring you joy.

    Maybe I'll try something like this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i adore your list. i was writing and adding and crossing out on mine today.
    lightening bugs~ brilliant!
    xo
    ps: your blog looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fantastic list. It has made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never did a kyte fly 'cause I've never had one :(

    I love some of those things too. Some like the clean sheets, the ice cream, the shower, the ocean, stolen kisses, going to the movies, carousels.. are simply amazing.

    Love!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.