April 11, 2008

My heart may have been broken, but my hair still looks great


Man, it has been a hectic couple of weeks at work. All my friends that always bitched in financial jobs about the end of the quarter and end of the year. I finally understand what they were talking about. I think I mentioned that we laid off two people and part of their work was segregated out to me and some co-workers. This is in addtion to the normal stuff I handle.


I've had to reach back to 12 years ago and remember what I forgot...but I'm getting there. I probably understand it better now than I ever did in school because I'm actually working with it. In addition, the credit market still sucks and we're working harder just to find a way to stay afloat in a market where no one wants to pay what it costs to get a loan these days.


*sigh* Why do these things aways sound like a bitch session? Actually - I'm pretty happy this week. I'm back in classes - even though neither are "shooting" classes. I'm involved in a couple of social groups so I get out more than I have in a long time. I'm happy with my situation in life. I have a job, I have food and a place to live. Though gas is expensive and therefore prices are rising - I can survive by myself and that's an empowering feeling.


I haven't been doing much thinking lately - I mean, sad things occurred this week in history but overall, I'm really ok. Sure I miss them....but, otherwise - emotionally, I'm doing alright. One of my friends asked me, "don't you miss dating?" And I thought, "hmmmm, no. I don't." If the right thing comes along - so be it. But I got off the roller coaster ride of the "chase." And I like it. It always seems that I only get asked out by either attached men (guys that have girlfriends or wives) or guys that are emotionally unavailable. I'm not sure why I send out that vibe...but I'm stopping it. I declare myself "vibe" free. LOL I wonder if that actually works. Regardless, I'm happy with my girly weekends doing exactly what I want to do. No demands or expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.