June 7, 2009

~~~

dreamy

nothing much to say today - i have a great worry that has my mind clouded and burdened that i'm not quite ready to share with the world at large. positive thoughts and prayers are welcomed and appreciated.

so, i will leave you with one of my favorite go to poems when i'm blue....by cooper edens.

If the world is crashing, wear islands for bumpers
If the sky is falling, use the clouds to cushion your fall
Everything doesn’t have to be a catastrophe
It doesn’t all have to be taken to heart,
Unless you open the heart with love.
If the end of the rope is near, untie the knot and leap
You might be surprised at your ability to land.

Sometimes holding on is the worse thing we can do.
The edges we hold, cut and sting.
Tip over the carton and take a bath,
Open the box and take delight in the present,
Make a hat from the wrappings.
You cannot save it for that rainy day.

If you live in fear of no happy ending,
The book might turn out the way you expected.
Take up the pen and write your own story.
Maybe add a dragon, a knight or something
Just for you.

In the deepest dark of your night,
When you’re afraid to open your eyes.
Try to dream of adding a comet to light your way,
Or an extra star in your constellation.

24 comments:

  1. It's a good poem. It's making me feel good just reading it.
    Of course, I can't help but be concerned. And I hope for the best in whatever it is that is burdening you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bookmarked this poem. Thanks for sharing it.

    And I hope things get settled for you soon. Sending warm, positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope things are going to be ok. i am hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem & I'd love to have those berries right now.
    Wishing you well & sending positive thoughts & energy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~you know I'm here for you~

    ReplyDelete
  6. hugs to you.
    love this photo.

    i just today discovered that you have a new blog. i had no idea. my link to you always takes me right to ramblins, so i did not know until today when i went to chris's blog and saw your comment—i clicked on your profile pick of your comment, which took me to your profile page which is when i discovered your other blog. sadly, though, i can not comment on it. :(

    well, i hope the rest of your sunday is good, char.

    g.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending big hugs your way, Char.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or like I always say: tie another knot at the end of your rope and hang on.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sending good wishes and thoughts for the best your way... if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh beautiful pic and lovely poem; I hope everything's okay Char. Sending you some sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your mind clears and you can see your way through this difficulty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thoughts and prayers your way. I love the photo or your comfort food,and the beautiful poem. Breathe deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to read about the negative that's going on in your life. makes me sad...hope whatever it is can be worked out and turned into something positive/good/learning experience? hugs to you...all the way from alaska. :)
    btw, because of you dreamy berry photo, I had to make a special trip to the grocery store today to pick some up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hugs,prayers and positive vibes, as much as you need.

    ...Celine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Char - sending you hugs and nothing but good, good, vibrations. Oh ya - and a positive affirmation as well. Can you feel them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you're feeling better soon, sending best wishes and a whole latte positive energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful poem ...my thoughts are with you char

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you're well. Sending prayers, thoughts and hugs. This is such a beautiful poem, and very true. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Poem Char...thank you for sharing. Whatever it is that burdens you will pass, but trust me I know what it is like to have a burdened mind. I would give you a big bear hug were I there in person and just hol dyou until you said "Ummm Ok You can let go now"......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Strong thoughts headed your way, Char. I especially like the line "Sometimes holding on is the worse thing we can do" I wish I'd had that poem a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thinking of you and hoping the news is good. Sending positive thoughts your way!

    By the way, just started a diet today and those fruity shots are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful poem! Thank you so much for sharing this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.