October 17, 2010

this and that - here and there

let's see - what all has happened this week?  it was a rough-ish week...not feeling so hot, working hard and frantically as we rush to get things together for contract review. 

friday night i went to the fair with my sister and a friend.  my nephew was there with us but not "with" us if you translate that to the pre-teen vernacular.  this was his first year that he got to control his money, meet up with his "non-girlfriend" and hang out with his friends.  it worked perfectly and he was very responsible.  it amazes me how grown up the boys are getting to be.

saturday i recovered.  *laughs* i think we talked our feet off and the fair food didn't agree with me so much.  it also finished up my autumn swap with my partner from relyn's blog.  i'm excited to mail my package! i also e-mailed details to the people that wanted to participate in the life lessons excercise.  look for more details on that later.  *smile*  on a sad note....my apple cake did not turn out as pretty as cora's...it seems i can't tell time and took it out about 20 minutes too soon...so i got it edible but not beautiful.  i'm soooo not a baker.

today was errands and bits around the house.  nothing exciting but...it is my life so...you know.  i really must do a vacation soon.

20 comments:

  1. Today was cleaning in the kitchen and washing windows. I set a goal of two and reached it. I had to go to the 3rd floor for the big ladder. So you see, not so exciting here today either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to the fair in so long. Probably a good thing though; I can't do any of the rides because I get soooooo sick. Beautiful photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. vacation ?.....hmmmm, i have an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture..sorry you have been working so hard. I'm thinking of doing your project, just don't know how good i'd be at it.
    I'll mail ya...
    all my best,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol... holiday...sounds good...where woul you go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having no luck with your e-mail...but I'd like to take part in your project if it's still open..
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fair sounds great and brings back so many memories. It's nice that you got a chance to bake even if it didn't turn our right (I messed up choc chip cookies, I mean how does anyone do that?) but it's relaxing and comforting anyway :) Hope your weekend was a good one!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. it doesnt need to be beautiful... edible and yummy is all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so not a baker too! Anything tastes better when someone else bakes it ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, a vacation would be so lovely ... *sigh*

    And looking forward to reading the life lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like my baked goods a little on the imperfect side. it makes them feel homemade!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. family, fair, homemade goods...sounds like a wonderful weekend to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL it was past imperfect - it was ugly. but edible...so, yum. It was from Trisha YEarwood's last cookbook. So far everything I've tried in there has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. #1...The photo is amazing! #2...all of my cakes turn out like that...#3...I'm looking forward to reading the new series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I had a nice comment here and I lost it in outerspace somewhere...so again but brief...Love the fair for photo taking, sorry the food made you sick and try sticking a thin knife down in the middle of the cake next time to ck for doneness!! :) The nutshell version of previously lost comment! Ta~da!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i did the spring back test and the cake was pulling away from the pan...but alas. now i will do the skewer test too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh gorgeous image. and the cake ... edible is the most important :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are good. It might have been a rough-ish week, but your photograph is pure calm and serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i bet the cake was delicious. who really cares what it looks like once you cut the first slice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's been a roughish week here, too. Sometimes you just have to put your head down and plow through...

    What a beautiful image! And I seriously think that edible is all that matters! :)

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.