December 21, 2008

mama can still shake it ....

don't you just hate when you leave something at the store and you don't realize until you need it? *sigh* all that beautiful seaform green and peach colored tulle to make tu-tus - gone. Of course it was only about $10 worth of materials, I was excited to make something for the girls by hand. Perhaps I will go back out this afternoon to find some more.

I went out with friends last night dancing - the first night I've been dancing in quite a while. I had forgotten what characters are in small bars in small towns - everything from the one we dubbed "Mr. Nasty" that looked as if he had just been released from prison to the woman six months pregnant dancing to "You Shook Me All Night Long." The alcohol was cheap, the company was good and the dancing was so much fun. As I tumbled into bed this morning at three, it was a good night without many worries. I don't even hate my sister much for dragging me to all the shopping places in Montgomery trying to find the perfect pajamas for Christmas eve.

Presents are wrapped - Christmas day dinner is planned - and the boys will be alone for almost a week with their presents. What are the odds that there will be any surprises Christmas morning?

9 comments:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE FUN! Dancing the night away! 3 in the morning... wow... I think it would take me days to receover... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cracked up at the preggo dancing at 6 months! That would have made the holiday! Jealous emotions are running deep though... I'd love to go out and dance and stay out till 3.. :(... Hope is there though, with New Years coming soon! Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...I'm sure the boys will peek into at least one or two of the presents.

    I loved that you put your hair down and went out to dance. It's good EXERCISE...and the sight of some of those characters was a worthwhile sighting--I'm sure (however, scary it may have been). LOL
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun - I LOVE to dance when I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all, I HATE when I do that. It makes me so mad that it takes me too long to move ON. ...and you're way ahead of me. I haven't even finished my shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes those nights are the best of all possible times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, too funny!

    glad you can go out and have fun!—you deserve it!

    hey, i wanted to tell you thank you for being such a faithful reader of my blogs as of late! you always leave a comment, and i always enjoy reading them! it's nice to know someone is out there interested in what i blog and interacting with me!

    i also wanted to say, if i don't talk to you before Wednesday, have a very blessed Christmas and New Year! i will enjoy the couple days off to catch up on some blogs, and your is one i plan to dig back into the archives to read!

    Merry Merry Christmas, Char!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like so much fun...it has been too long since I have been dancing...actually maybe it has been just the perfect amount of time, probably should spare the dancing community my moves...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a fun night.

    Sorry I am only just catching up now on my blog reading...but thanks for faithfully stopping by. People like you make me feel hopeful and keep trying :)

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.