December 17, 2008

who are you?

I took this fun quiz this morning at the behest of fellow blogger FiFi. It was a fun little timekiller!

I'm a Bette - who's shocked?? Not me really. But, I swear, I'm only 75% as much of a broad as the original Bette.

Quiz results

You Are a Bette!

mm.bette_.jpg

You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"

Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.

How to Get Along with Me
  • * Stand up for yourself... and me.
  • * Be confident, strong, and direct.
  • * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
  • * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
  • * Give me space to be alone.
  • * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
  • * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
  • * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.

What I Like About Being a Bette
  • * being independent and self-reliant
  • * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
  • * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
  • * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
  • * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
  • * upholding just causes

What's Hard About Being a Bette
  • * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
  • * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
  • * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
  • * never forgetting injuries or injustices
  • * putting too much pressure on myself
  • * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right

Bettes as Children Often
  • * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
  • * are sometimes loners
  • * seize control so they won't be controlled
  • * figure out others' weaknesses
  • * attack verbally or physically when provoked
  • * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

Bettes as Parents
  • * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
  • * are sometimes overprotective
  • * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid

Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz

11 comments:

  1. I am a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."

    I can certainly relate to that. Thanks for the quiz...I'll look forward to sharing that too and giving you the credit!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Grace Kelly--and how accurate the definition is (see my blog archives for the post with the details). Everyone wants to be a princess, right? :-D Great blog; will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I also really like your blog header/title! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an Ingrid Bergman.

    "What's Hard About Being an Ingrid

    * * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
    * * feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
    * * feeling guilty when I disappoint people
    * * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
    * * expecting too much from myself and life
    * * fearing being abandoned
    * * obsessing over resentments
    * * longing for what I don't have""



    Shock!! It was right.Great. I'm going to go read some Sartre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat quiz. I just took one of these at work, only they used colors. I'm a Grace Kelley apparently. The description is totally me, but I'm no princess!

    You are a Grace -- "I need to understand the world."

    Graces have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.

    How to Get Along with Me

    * * Be independent, not clingy
    * * Speak in a straightforward and brief manner
    * * I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts
    * * Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable
    * * Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity
    * * If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place
    * * don't come on like a bulldozer
    * * Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh what a cool little quiz.. quick and easy too... I'm a Bette as well. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on your interview!! I'll be prayin for ya!

    now off to take the quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm an ingrid! very accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love it! my hubby and his parents and i were just talking about her at dinner the other night. they were saying she is sort of scary looking, but i think she is stunningly beautiful—just look at the picture you posted!

    good for you that you are like her. she seems like a confident woman, and that's a great thing to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! Hi Bette!!! This is too fun! I had to go do it!! Thanks for the fun link to this!
    Here I am...
    You are a Katharine -- "I am happy and open to new things"



    Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.






    How to Get Along with Me
    * Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
    * Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
    * Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
    * Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
    * Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
    * Don't tell me what to do.




    What I Like About Being a Katharine
    * being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
    * being spontaneous and free-spirited
    * being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
    * being generous and trying to make the world a better place
    * having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
    * having such varied interests and abilities




    What's Hard About Being a Katharine
    * not having enough time to do all the things I want
    * not completing things I start
    * not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
    * having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
    * feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm an Ingrid, which sounds pretty accurate. Thanks for the fun quiz!

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.