February 18, 2009

day one - I am challenged

two of my new roommates

Meet two of my room mates, Moses and Lizzie. My brother, Pete, is definitely the alpha dog in the house. What he says goes and the pups, well they jump to. Sunday when I arrived from Birmingham, cat in hand - Pete was out. So Tony stayed in his kennel away from the pups. Over the course of the afternoon - Moses would challenge me. He would get up from his bed, and bark at me in this questioning tone. Almost as if "who are you and what have you done bringing a cat here?" I would follow the proper commands to get them to settle down but Mr. Moses - he was having NONE of that. He would pout and sit with his back to me. Then he would pick up the bed and sling it to the side to prove that he did NOT have to get in bed. Finally, I put my foot down and he begrudgingly settled down.

Every day since Sunday Moses has dueled me for position of second in command. So far the score is 3-0. But...I have an idea he is plotting new revenge to make me look bad - when I turned my back today, he commandered the recliner. I need to keep my eye on that bad boy.

Lizzie...she's just planning to be the BFF of whoever wins.

15 comments:

  1. Oh dear, they don't look the cuddly sort. But I'm more of a cat person.

    Good luck with that challenge.
    Word verification = groan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's going to be an interesting time! Glad to hear you're getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick to your guns with the Moses dog. And you gotta find your camera. I'd be lost without mine so I know how it feels!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh SHIT!!!! maybe you can cozzie up to lizzie and moses will get jealous when he sees you two having such a great time. then maybe he will cooperate?

    it is very hard to get humans OR pets to do what we want. i find that so frustrating.

    i hope it all works out, and SOON. and this post was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my shall I send Sam after them..tee hee I think you and kitty have an adventure on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this post cracked me up!!! I see many, many more stories to come from this living situation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha adorable... I can't wait to hear further chronicles of this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your struggles with these hounds are going to be epic. Can't wait to read about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. they just look so, well, put out. angry. annoyed. hysterical

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these two do not look like cat lovers!...Good luck Tony!...keep in mind that cats are much smarter!

    from another cat lover...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. Too funny. Animals crack me up but owners are funnier. I totally understand my animals without them saying a word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-R-E U KIDDIN ME??? These dogs make my giggle go from girlie sing song to a full blown snort!

    You can do it girl... go show them alpha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have a feeling there are going to be some funny stories coming out with these guys.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.