February 7, 2009

skipping off to play

today I have the gift of a girls day out and I will celebrate the gorgeous day that is shining outside. I see the Bradford Pear making buds and the robins are peeking around. I know it's February....but, today feels like spring.

bottles2

Today we did things that are only in Birmingham and not Montgomery. Four women who thoroughly enjoy each other's company - laid back and amiable. Shopping in Homewood at our favorite stores, getting to see the look on Nita's face the first time she bit into a baby bite caramel cake (baby bites are these heaven on earth teeny tiny cakes in flavors that your grandmother made - real homemade caramel, red velvet, strawberry)...lunch at PF Changs, more shopping. Oh, a pound of chicken salad that I've never tasted anything else like - from O'Carr's.

Oh yes...it was a good day. And it's 61 outside and I have my windows open. I will sleep the sleep of the happy and content.

13 comments:

  1. Skip, skip, skip to my lou...

    Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for you! spring in the heart makes a spring in the step! (hope that doesn't sound too corny...it just popped into my head!) have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been without internet service for almost two days, so I'm playing catch-up. Hope you have a wonderful girl's day out, and enjoy those buds and robins... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound happy. I hope your girls day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am partial to galloping, but skip if you must. hope it is fabulous as you deserve some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. please share where I could get some baby bites!!! And yes O'Carrs chicken salad - yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food sounds yummy!
    I have to ask.. why are you anti-blackberry?
    ENJOY your weekend!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh yumm... my mouth it watering for one of the caramel cakes you described! Sounds like a lovely culinary catch up, ingredients for a great weekend! I hope it has been :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've given me a sweet tooth now! That photo is so pretty, I love the lighting in it.

    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty vintage feel in this photo--like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a beautiful weekend in the South. I concur.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.