February 11, 2009

It's alright and it's ok

The storm clouds built this morning and cast a gray pall over the cityscape that matched my mood. Building and darkening, threatening with gusts of wind blowing through the neighborhood, gathering bits of trash with it. Great, more leaks in the ceiling and black mold that I suspect is wearing a bit on my asthma. So, getting out got in the jeep to run errands. Picking up prints, picking up bits and pieces from my old office, banking, mail, you know the drill of things that keep you busy.

As I watched clothes dry, the storm blew through finally in spitting, hissing cat fights of rain and sunshine battling between each other for territorial space. Sunshine won and with it, the puddles revealed to me the japanese magnolia blooms and the buds of the bradford pear. I'll be damned if Phil wasn't wrong...or least he seems wrong this year.

On a different note, how did I not have Marvin Gaye's "Got to Give it up" on my iPod until today? I am seriously slacking. and....here are a couple from my archives that I posted today since I can't allow myself the time to go shooting.

ladybug

wisteria

23 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL shots!

    also, loved the story.

    do you make a living as an artist?

    p.s. thanks for wishing my mom a happy birthday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...you're sweet. LOL I wish I made a living as an artist. It's a goal to open a shop in the summer of '09

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Shots, Char. Always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's what I miss most about the South, the magnolias and lilac and dogwoods in the spring. Sometimes the blossoms would be so heady I would get headaches. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seeing your ladybug and the lilacs made ME feel better. I hope things are moving along and you're all good.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes that happens to me - you search through your ipod for a song you KNEW you had, but it's not there... It's upsetting. But your photos are absolutely beautiful. The ladybug image makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely shots. I have been slacking on the ipod thing lately. I have downloaded songs and have not updated the pod yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the purple. so pretty. and the ladybug shot is great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your writing is resplendent, you know. And thank you for the reminder of warm weather.

    Good luck to you on your move.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are beautiful photos =]

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful spring photos. the lady bug shot is amazing.
    i was just listening to "Be OK" when I pulled your post up - thought that was kinda funny when I read your title.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks y'all. the title is actually a line from a "one-hit" wonder band of the 90's called Everything. (They did that song Hooch) The title of the song is "Ladybug". I wonder what happened to those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your description of the rain... It made it all the more vivid.
    The ladybug makes me yearn for spring and warmer weather. Don't get me wrong TX is warm as I'm sure 'Bama is too, but I'd like the mornings to be warmer...
    Best wishes for a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Char, I've tagged you to do a post about your Fantasy Dinner Party - check out my blog to understand what I mean. Would love it if you could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok...I probably need a tag today

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ... um ... er ... am speechless at your writing. beautifully descriptive.

    ladybug is cute, too.
    and ... lilacs - 4 more months!

    ReplyDelete
  17. moving is such a challenge ~lilacs and ladybugs will help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos!!!

    I'm glad it's alright... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos! I especially love the wisteria...Glad to see all is going well...

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful shots! I am once again left speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Swear I can almost smell those flowers through my computer screen. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are stunning, Char. absolutely amazing color!

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.