February 3, 2009

Interviews, Winners and Dreams

My friend, Chris - go read her interview....like now. Please?

I had very weird dreams last night. Partly because I drink coffee after 6:00 p.m. and I'm now old enought that it bothers me. As a result I didn't fall asleep until almost 2:00 a.m. and I had very weird dreams that involved cancer, a purple-shoe eating monster and other random tidbits. Now Jung will say that we're all the characters in our dreams...but, also Freud will say sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Those wiseacres always had an outlet in case they were wrong. I know the reason for the cancer part. It runs rampant in my family (grandfather, dad, mom) so it is a fear of mine - especially these days when I don't have paid healthcare (for the first time since I was 18). The good news - the new legislation proposed COBRA coverage at 35% for laid off workers. Oh yes, back on track now (see what caffeine is doing to my brain?)

My dreams are rarely remembered - except for very random and weird ones. So, the shoe eating monster. Maybe it was looking at all of Chris' shoes before bed and wishing that I could have some new cute flats. So, every guy just left this blog. Should I mention monster again?

We are not going to mention that it's February or mushy stuff or that artificial day around mid-month. I'm going to be moving that weekend, so I'm sure it will be the last thing on my mind anyway. (But my favorite song "Hallelujah" is playing in the background right now) It's tax season and I'm going to do my taxes instead. And ... I'm thinking of something different for dinner. Should I try making Pad Thai today?

And the winners are....{cheesy drumroll}

Pool of candidates (commenters in order)... excuse the handwriting, all I could find was a sharpie
list

The oh so sciency-method used (shaken, not stirred)
sciency-methodology

Winners!! (choose your prizes...)
winners

Julie at Tangobaby, Lisa at Foxxx, and Lyn at dlyn.
Let me know what you choose and I will work on getting it out to you.

21 comments:

  1. Pad Thai sounds good to me. Can I come over? ; )

    I know the dream was probably quite scary but you have to admit, purplish shoe-eating monsters are quite funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Starlene the purple shoe monster made me smile... it got me singing that 'one eyed one armed flying purple people eater...' is that how it went?

    On my way to read Chris's interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You makew your own Pad Thai?! When am I coming over? (I like shrimp in mine, but so long as it's HOT, I like it most every way). And, and, and Pad Thai seems a very appropriate cure for over-caffeination. (Is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sad. :( i didn't win. i'm a loser. {sniff} : ) sorry. couldn't help the drama! but i did love the photo documentary of your random choosing method! excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. am i completely blind or did i miss the 'dreams' part? where is the purple-shoe-eating monster???

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops - I accidently deleted the dream part

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the BIGGEST grin on my face right now, you should see it!

    I would like you to donate the Amazon voucher equivalent to a charity close to your heart myfriend. But I shall pay it forward myself as well.

    *grins harder*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, Lisa - you are the sweetest. You know it will be breast cancer. I have the biggest grin on my face too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Pad Thai, I've never made that before, but it sure would be delicious. Is it hard to make?... I'm coming over to try some!

    And that is a bizarro dream too - haha purple shoe eating monster, pretty impressive imagination you have, if anything you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pad Thai is not too horrible, put I cheat a bit with the assistance of purchased sauce and noodles - but then I doll it up with shrimp, chicken, sprouts, peanuts - the whole thing. And then I buy pot stickers if I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goody! I am thrilled - I have a collection of blogger/photographer photos on my bedroom wall and in keeping with that theme, I would love a 5x7 of "Bowl of Sunshine" the yellow poppy. And I will pay it forward tomorrow. Thanks Char!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I''m not even ON THIS LIST.

    i QUIT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you had to enter to be on the list

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had the pad thai - it sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i too only remember the really bizarre dreams and sometimes not even them. my husband dreams so clearly, i'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been know to study dreams a bit but I sure can't find anything in my books about purple shoe eating monsters. Must be a indigestion 1 thing LOL.
    So sad I didn't win but glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang! Oh well, at least I tried.

    Thanks for the shout out, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you could look at my shoes, too. I think I should keep posting those pix for all of womankind to enjoy, lol.

    The cancer thing scares the crap out of me, too. It runs on my dad's side. My mom just was cleared after being tested last week for possible cancer (she's been losing weight). Turns out it was nothing. But now my dad is going for tests tomorrow too. He has had trouble swallowing (acid reflux-like affliction) and the food is sticking in one area of his throat, a possible sign of cancer. Needless to say, I'm worried.

    I like your pink mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WTF... honey child.. I'm a blog stalker of yours and where was this entry...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way you documented this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your blog and your gorgeous photos! :)

    xx.

    ReplyDelete

i feel as if each comment was between us as we sat and sipped something warm....i love to hear what you're thinking.